The biggest confusion a working woman faces every day is what to wear to work. Of course, formal shirts and trousers do make you look smart and gives you the corporate look but one cannot deny how boring it gets wearing same old plain shirts and pencil cut pants to the office. Thus, in order to add some color and style in your monotonous wardrobe of office wear, here, is the list of best ethnic style which you can go for your everyday look for office without looking any extra.
Clothing- Clothing is the first thing which people notice when you enter the office. Therefore, it is important that you rock your everyday look by simply following these tips on clothing:
- Kurtas are the safest bets. Go for plain or printed or even embroidered Kurtas as they not only make you look stylish but also sophisticated.
- Ditch Salwars and go for palazzos and cigarette cut pants to go with your long Kurta. These give you a professional look without you being looking extra at work. Plus, they are super-comfy.
- If you want to wear a short kurta then pair it with your jeans as Kurta and jeans also go very well together.
- Avoid wearing flashy and blingy Anarkali suits to work as it will make you look overdressed. Thus, keep your blingy suits for wedding affairs and not for your daily office work.
- Though sarees are considered to be worn on a special occasion, a well-draped and simple bordered saree is perfect for your daily office wear as well. And possibly it would be the most elegant ethnic formal wear you could ever go for.
Accessories – Accessories are worn to enhance our everyday look, especially when you are wearing an ethnic dress. Thus, follow these tips on what accessories to wear to work in order to improve your overall style quotient at work :
- Avoid wearing large sets of jewelry or neckpiece at work as it would make you look bold and loud in appearance.
- Go for conservative and small earrings as well as a small chain. Do not wear any sort of bracelets which makes noise but rather go for a conservative yet stylish watch.
- Pick a purse whose color goes with your ethnic wear and preferably, small in size which is convenient to use and easy to open so that you can find things easily.
- Therefore, it is important to choose the right color combination of accessories to go with your ethnic wear.
Footwear – Footwear is another important component for enhancing the overall ethnic look of your workwear. Therefore, it important for you to follow these tips:
- Avoid wearing any uncomfortable footwear to office as you won’t be able to concentrate on your work and you may end up hurting your feet.
- Wearing flip-flops, shoes are a complete no-no when you are wearing something ethnic.
- Avoid wearing flashy footwear to work as it will draw all attention of the others to your feet rather than on you. Therefore, it is important that you a footwear whose color goes with your ethnic clothes.
- Wear sandals or open to footwear avoid wearing pencil heel or simply heels at work. One can also go for flats or juttis.
Makeup – Makeup is an essential part of every woman’s life. And it is important to understand if you are going ethnic then it doesn’t mean you need loads of makeup to improve your look. Hence, follow these steps to look natural and not extra at work every day:
- Before applying any make-up, it is important that you first clean your face completely with warm water.
- In order to look natural for your ethnic wear, apply bb-cream to moisturize and lighten your skin. BB cream also helps in covering dark spots and minor blemishes.
- Go for applying concealer once your done applying BB cream. Concealer would help you even tone your skin and will give a smooth finish.
- You can also apply a tint of blush for making your cheeks rosy and will give you a brighter look.
- Apply kajal on your eyes to make them look bigger and attractive. Mascara is completely optional.
- Apply lipstick which goes with your ethnic look. Shades of red and pink are the safest bet to go with your ethnic style.
- Carry sunscreen and tissue papers in your bag at all times.
- Avoid applying eye-shadow or contouring. Always keep your makeup minimal and natural.